Your completed manuscript will be read for an in-depth critique that addresses pacing, tone, theme development, voice, and readability. We also make sure your book connects with your target audience in the most effective way. The developmental editing process helps you gain perspective about what works, and what doesn’t work, from the standpoint of the reader. You'll receive a developmental editor's letter and editorial comments within your manuscript. The developmental editing timeline is 4-6 weeks.
A line edit addresses the creative content, writing style, and language use at the sentence and paragraph level. The purpose of a line edit is not to look for manuscript errors – rather, a line edit focuses on the way you use language to communicate your story to the reader. Is your language clear, concise, and pleasurable to read? Does it convey a sense of atmosphere, emotion, and tone? Do the words you’ve chosen convey a precise meaning, or are you using broad generalizations and clichés?
You may have a concept for a book or a completed manuscript that needs a professional critique. The evaluation involves the reading of a full manuscript to evaluate the overall development. You will receive a report outlining what is working well, what could be strengthened in revision, and strategies to implement needed changes. This service is beneficial to authors before the more intense editing begins.
The goal of a copyedit is to address flaws on a technical level – to make sure the writing that appears on the page is in accordance with industry standards. Copy editing corrects spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax. It also flags ambigous or factually incorrect statements. This is like an incredibly high-end proofread. A copyedit will always follow a line edit, and will be the last look before the manuscript enters the distribution phase.
Book Cover Design
Cover Design Service includes:
· Working with the author to find the best image for the cover
· Up to three title placement mock-ups containing the author-approved image
· Up to two rounds of author corrections
· A PDF of your full cover, formatted to your printer’s specifications
· An image of your front cover, prepared for ebook embedding according to your distributor’s standards
· A high-quality image of your front cover to use in print marketing
· A low-resolution image of your front cover to use in online marketing
Interior Design Service includes:
· A custom-built book interior that meets the quality standards set by The Chicago Manual of Style and used by major book publishing companies
· One round of author corrections
· A print-ready PDF of your book’s interior formatted to fit the specifications of your chosen print service.
In order to prepare a book for uploading to online distributors, we provide the following:
· Genre and Categories
· Book Description/Back Cover content
· Pricing (in consultation with author)
Uploading to online distributors and aggregators requires authors to create accounts with each online service. We offer an hourly consultation that walks you through the step-by-step process.